Home Energy Connection provides a wide range of services for homeowners, builders, insulation, HVAC and remodeling trades, realtors and lenders for new and existing homes and commercial buildings. Since most buildings are built to code and code represents the minimum accepted standards for buildings, we strive to create high performing homes/buildings whether new or existing. In many cases, this adds little to the cost of the building or retrofit. Working with your goals, Home Energy Connection will craft a solution.
Air Leakage accounts for largest category of heat loss/gain in your home. Air sealing walls and ceiling is typically more valuable than windows and doors.
If you own, are buying, selling or plan to build a single or multi-family home or commercial property, call Home Energy Connection first. Unlike Home/Building Inspectors, Home Energy Connection is trained, certified, licensed and experienced to:
- Determine the cost of operating the property.
- Verify the combustion appliances (water heater, furnace, oven, etc.) are operating safely.
- We provide recommendations to optimize the home/building’s energy efficiency, comfort, health, safety and durability which can assist you in negotiating a lower purchase price.
- We oversee and coordinate improvements so work is performed to industry best practices.
- Perform an energy assessment to determine how your home/building compares to similar properties and decide if and what improvement may be desirable to complete. The MLS system can document these improvements. The cost of the energy assessment can be included in the closing costs like a home inspection.
- The Appraisal Institute now requires the results of an energy assessment be used in determining the property’s value.
- In addition to the aesthetic features of your home/building, use documented energy performance to sell the property faster, (e.g., new or upgraded a/c or furnace, energy star appliances or recently installed windows or doors.)
- Through planning, we can help incorporate design elements to maximize the building’s performance, comfort, indoor air quality and durability.
- Verify your home if seeking ENERGY STAR or NAHB National Green Building certification.
- Represent the owner to ensure work is performed to best practices and verified.
- Training for Energy Auditors and Contractors
- Train and proctor individuals interested in becoming a BPI Certified Building Analyst, Envelope or AC and Heat Pump Professional or RESNET Home Energy Rater (HERS).
Home Energy Connection offers home performance assessments based on RESNET's National Standard for Comprehensive Energy Audit, which is based on a whole home approach that enables us to provide you a plan (roadmap) to reduce your utility bills while increasing your comfort, health and safety. Home Energy Connection strives to make your home function to its maximum energy efficiency. All assessments are performed by a Certified BPI Building Analysts and RESNET Home Energy Rater (HERS).
Do I Need a Home Performance Assessment?
If you can say YES to one of the following, then you would benefit from a Home Energy Performance Assessment.
Do you want lower or eliminate your utility bills?
Is your home always dusty?
Does anyone feel worse when at home?
Does air seem to blow around windows/doors?
Is your A/C or furnace always running or always turning on and off?
Are there hot or cold areas in your home?
Do you plan to add a room or renovate?
Are you planning on buying or selling a home?